Thanks to Punxsutawney Phil, you’ve got 6 more weeks to prepare for Spring. It’s time to get a jumpstart before a busy season of real estate begins.
Best time to sell
Supply of prepared buyers
Buyers have been eagerly awaiting the spring season to start their search, because of this sellers have a supply of qualified buyers at their disposal.
Tax season isn’t always a bad thing. Buyers are prone to put their returns toward the purchase of a new home.
The sun stays out longer which means more time for showings.
Leaves are starting to grow and flowers are blossoming. Curb appeal increases during the spring months.
Time to Prepare
In a spring real estate market, timing is everything. Missing a few weeks due to your home not being market ready can cost you thousands of dollars. You will want to be sure that once the flowers begin to bloom, your home is in selling shape. Take the next six weeks to prepare.
Here is a list of steps to ensure your home is market ready come springtime.
Clean, clean, clean
- Scrub counter tops and floors
- Professionally clean your carpets
- Dust everything (Don’t miss the baseboards, walls, ceiling fans, blinds, etc!)
- Wash the windows
- Declutter- Rid your home of excess items. Sell, or put in storage.
- Organize- Closets, garages, basements, cabinets
- Paint- neutralize rooms
- Replace light bulbs
- Secure valuables for showings
- Store family photos and memorabilia – your home should be a blank canvas for potential buyers to envision their own decor
- Pressure wash siding
- Fresh mulch
- Roof Inspection
- Chimney Inspection
- Clean gutters
- Plant flowers
- Trim bushes
- Lay mulch
Plan your next move
It’s important to have your next move in place when your home sells. Will you be relocating to a new state? Moving up in price point or downsizing? Do you have to sell your home before you can buy? The right Realtor will be able to help you plan your next steps as much or as little as you need.
Organize home information
Gather all important information regarding your home.
- Title Policy (if you bought the home within the last 10 years)
- Keys to all doors, sheds, porches, neighborhood pools, etc.
- Manuals (Security systems, surround sound, appliances, pool, hot tub, etc.)
- Receipts and invoices from any renovations, repairs, and maintenance.
Hire a Realtor ®
Hire an experienced Realtor who will price and market your home to get it sold. At Living TN, our Realtors understand the current market conditions and how to get your home sold for the most amount of money in the least amount of time. Give us a call to schedule a free consultation today!